Bluffton High School will be holding an informational event for Bluffton-zoned (or choice awarded) rising freshmen who intend to participate in athletics on Wednesday May 8, 2019 beginning at 6:00 PM. The goal of this event is to educate both student-athletes and parents about athletics at the high school level and to answer any questions/ease concerns they may have about the transition to our campus.
This event will be held in our gymnasium and will cover the following topics:
- Getting involved in athletics at Bluffton High School
- Requirements for participation
- Initial eligibility and academic monitoring
- Academic and conduct expectations
- Strength training and conditioning
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Role of the parent in high school athletics
- Getting involved with our Booster Club
On hand to answer any questions about transitioning from middle school to high school athletics will be our athletic director, coaches from various sports, members of our administrative team, strength coach, a member of our sports medicine staff, and a Booster Club Representative.
We are strongly encouraging any rising ninth-grader who is zoned to attend Bluffton High School (or has been granted choice) and wishes to participate in athletics to attend this informational event.
For further information contact Athletic Director, Cody Slaughter at (843) 706-8926 or firstname.lastname@example.org