The Bobcat Cross Country team competed in the Region meet on 10/14 at Habersham in Beaufort. The girls team finished in 2nd place and boys team placed 3rd. Go Bobcats!
2020 Bluffton High School XC Region 7AAAA Meet (10/14) Results
After two weeks of great training, the Bluffton Bobcats XC Team makes huge noise on a Wednesday at the much competitive 7AAAA Region Meet!
The Girls Team continues their season-long hot streak, with a 2nd Place finish at what may be the most difficult Cross Country Region in the state. Bluffton Girls finishes 2nd, only 16 points behind new region foe and former 5A powerhouse, James Island. The Girls Team will see if their 6th Place Pre-State Ranking will improve after such a strong Region Meet!
- Freshman Ava Gerschutz makes the All-Region Team with a 5th Place overall finish with her best race this season with a time of 20:04.70
- 7th Grader Aubrey Sampson makes the All-Region Team with a 9th Place overall finish with a big Lifetime PR of 20:33.02
- Senior Penelope Roman Gomez makes the All-Region Team with an 11th Place overall finish with a Lifetime PR of with a time of 20:43.84
- Junior Kaitlyn McDonagh makes the All-Region Team with a 12th Place overall finish with her best race in two years with a time of 20:47.45
- Freshman Katie Sanofsky finished in 19th Place overall with a Lifetime PR of 22:24.32
- Freshman Erin McMahon finished in 21st Place overall with a Lifetime PR of 22:40.38
- Junior Keidy Castro Jimenez makes a big jump up to the seventh spot on the team and a 26th Place overall finish with a Lifetime PR of 23:24.68
- 7th Grader Sarah Lawson makes a huge jump up to the eighth spot on the team and a 30th Place overall finish with a time of 24:22.19
- Freshman Rachel Lawson finished in 31st Place overall with a time of 24:38.23
- 7th Grader Eliska Walsh, fresh off the State Swim Meet Saturday, finished in 35th Place overall with a Lifetime PR of 25:13.43
- Sophomore Hannah Lawson sets a Lifetime PR with a time of 26:04.83
- Freshman Serena Miller finishes with a 26:36.66
- Sophomore Carrol Barrientos finished with a time of 27:17.28
- Freshman Rebekah Lawson is slowed down by an injury, but finished with a time of 28:21.19
- Junior Tasha Esselstein finished with a time of 30:42.48
- Sophomore Hannah Davis finished with a time of 31:45.17
- Freshman Emily Henderson ran hard
The Boys Team shines with their best race this year as many runners begin to max out and push closer to their fullest potential! The Boys Team finishes in 3rd Place and begins to heat up as they prepare to fight hard the rest of the season to have an opportunity to make it to State! The Boys Team will see if their 14th Place Pre-State Ranking will improve after such a strong Region Meet!
- Senior Armando Macias Jimenez makes the All-Region Team with a 4th Place overall finish with his best race in two years with a very impressive 16:20.84
- Sophomore Charlie Deaton, fresh out of the State Swim Meet Monday, sets a HUGE LIFETIME PR with a sub 18 time of 17:45.64 and an 18th Place overall finish
- Freshman Tyler McMahan continues to amaze with another BIG LIFETIME PR with a 18:15.78 and a 25th Place overall finish
- Senior Nicholas Cunningham has his best race this season with a 31st Place overall finish and a time of 18:41.37
- Junior Peyton Decker has his best race this season with a 18:41.49 and a 32nd Place overall finish
- Junior Carlos Macias Robles sets a Big Lifetime PR with a 18:59.91 and a 35th Place overall finish
- Junior Baylor Bryant moves up two spots in the team rankings with a Marvelous Lifetime PR of 20:38.68, improving his PR by eleven seconds
- 8th Grader Earlon Baker shaves off eleven seconds to get a Grand Lifetime PR with a 20:51.24
- Sophomore Hector Castellon Mejia breaks his Lifetime PR by almost a minute and twenty seconds with a 21:29.33
- Sophomore Javier Rodriguez breaks his Lifetime PR by almost two full minutes, finishing with a 21:33.95
- 8th Grader Carson Colmer breaks his Lifetime PR by almost one minute and forty seconds, finishing with a 22:15.57
- Freshman Anthony Angelino breaks his Lifetime PR by two full minutes, finishing with a 25:13.14
- Freshman Connor Phillips breaks his Lifetime PR by a minute and twenty-four seconds with 25:21.36
- Sophomore Luke Roberts, hampered by injuries this season, has his first race of the season with a 37:34.69
The Bluffton Bobcats XC Team has ten days off as they will use their next race at The Cici’s Sandhills Invitational on October 24th, to prepare for the State Meet course and to continue priming up for the State Qualifier Meet in Chapin on October 30th.
Please check out or recent feature with Lowco Sports covering our Girls Team!
Lowco Sports BLHS Girls XC Team Feature: Fast Forward to 2:15 minute mark until 4:47 minute mark.