2020 Bluffton High School XC Cici’s Sandhills Invitational (10/24) Results
The Bluffton Bobcats XC Team was back at it after ten days of training with a great learning experience, battling a very difficult and slow course on a preview of the State Meet Course!
The Girls Team faced some very tough competition, battling against many 5A powerhouses. The Girls Team, even not at 100%, finished with a solid 8th Place finish out of 18 teams (3rd Best 4A School), where there were 121 total runners.
- Freshman Ava Gerschutz finished with a 22nd Place overall finish and the 5th Best Freshman with a time of 21:04.01
- 7th Grader Aubrey Sampson finished with a 24th Place overall finish and the Best 7th Grader with a time of 21:14.98
- Junior Kaitlyn McDonagh finished with a 34th Place overall finish and the 5th Best Junior with a time of 21:33.75
- Freshman Katie Sanofsky finished with a 37th Place overall finish and the 9th Best Freshman with a HUGE Lifetime PR of 21:39.90
- Junior Keidy Castro Jimenez finished with a time of 25:11.70
The Boys Team faced some very tough competition, also battling against many 4A and 5A powerhouses. The Boys Team, finished in 14th Place out of 18 teams (4th Best 4A School), where there were 121 total runners.
- Senior Armando Macias Jimenez finished with a 19th Place overall finish with a very impressive 17:09.50
- Sophomore Charlie Deaton finished with a 18:46.16
- Senior Nicholas Cunningham had a solid performance, finished with a 18:51.18
- Freshman Tyler McMahan finished with a 19:27.63
- Junior Peyton Decker finished with a 19:38.22
- Junior Carlos Macias Robles finished with a 21:14.97
- Junior Baylor Bryant finished with a 22:09.85
The Bluffton Bobcats XC Team completes their regular season with Boys Ranked 12th in the State and Girls Ranked 6th in the State! The Bobcats will run Friday (10/30) in Chapin at the State Qualifier Meet, Boys at 10am and Girls at 11am. Both Boys and Girls are even seeded teams, where they will run against eleven other even seeded teams and will advance to the State Meet if they respectively finish in the top six out of twelve even seeds!